Unfortunately the introduction of the new Great Northern timetable and rolling stock on May 20 has been hampered by severe disruption. We are acutely aware that people’s essential daily routines have been thrown off-kilter, with no known end date in sight.
Please don’t hesitate to email us your concerns, as we are regularly collating feedback for our train operating company Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR), who in turn liaise with Network Rail (in charge of the roll-out) and the Transport Secretary Chris Grayling (holding ultimate authority).
Our Facebook Page provides a public forum and contains up-to-date contributions from rail users.
The website www.realtimetrains.co.uk provides the most accurate publicly available information on delays and cancellations – though last-minute cancellations are all too common.
If you have been affected by a delay or cancellation, please visit the Delay Repay website, to see if you can claim compensation.
If you’d like to be on our regular mailing list, please contact us here.
The Rail User Group is in regular contact with Govia Thameslink:
- A letter to CEO Charles Horton can be found here.
- A letter to Stuart Cheshire, Passenger Services Director, can be found here.
- A letter to Govia Thameslink in advance of the Rail User Group Meeting on 27th June can be found here.
- A letter to Govia Thameslink, responding to the interim timetable, can be found here.
- A letter from Heidi Allen, Oliver Heald and Jonathan Djanogly to Govia Thameslink, incorporating comments by our users can be found here.
- Notes from the Rail User Group Meeting 27th June 2018 can be found here.
- A summary of the situation on July 4th 2018 can be found here.