The Community Rail Partnership was launched at Meldreth Station on 25th October 2013 with an agreement between Meldreth, Shepreth, and Foxton Rail User Group, Cambridgeshire County Council, and South Cambridgeshire District Council, Network Rail and First Capital Connect:
- To recognise, maintain, and develop the community engagement programme, which aims to promote the local rail and the surrounding environment at Meldreth, Shepreth and Foxton Stations
- To involve in our efforts other community groups with whom we share common ground
- To recognise the key role of rail to the local community and to promote it as a sustainable mode of transport
- To improve and enhance the station environments and promote green projects
- To support the initiatives developed jointly with First Capital Connect and Cambridgeshire County Council in integrated travel plans
- To recognise and promote the importance of local business in the community
- To work with local schools and young people in caring for our station environments
- To work together to generate funding for all associated projects
- To encourage open communication with all groups involved
Our activities are organised in line with the core themes of the Department for Transport’s Community Rail Development Strategy:
- Providing a voice for the community
- Promoting sustainable, healthy & accessible travel
- Bringing communities together, supporting diversity and inclusion
- Supporting social and economic development, and
- Strengthening the partnership.
The launch of the CRP in 2013 is described here.
Agendas and minutes for the Community Rail Partnership are published here.
Our Annual Report for 2018/19 can be found here.
Our Code of Conduct can me found here.
There is more information about Community Rail Partnerships on the Association of Community Rail Partnerships (ACoRP) website: